- I wanted to say how much I enjoyed the Shine morning. It was great to spend time with my child observing him in his natural school environment and helping him with his literacy skills. I thought Miss Jones was fantastic, she's a true professional and her positive rapport with the children shines through. She's a credit to our profession and to Oxhey.
- I just want to say how fab the sports day were. It was so lovely as parents & grandparents to see the children enjoying themselves with their class mates, it was a bit emotional at times too, after the last couple of years! A massive shout out to the staff for keeping the children & activities so well organised & for getting involved too! They are always an absolute credit to the school & all the hard work in preparation for the day did not go unnoticed.
- I wanted to personally thank all Oxhey staff, all of you have been absolutely 1st class with my daughter and older children. From Mrs Nevitt & Mrs Holt in class to all the support staff who make the school what it is. As far as I am concerned your school is outstanding.
- The year 4 leavers play and presentation was brilliant, we can't thank you enough.
- After Covid, it was great to see schools getting back to normal and showing the impact that they have on children. Again I can't thank you enough.
- Thank you so much for organising the literacy parental engagement event, it's wonderful that it is is actively encouraged in so many exciting innovative ways at your school.
- Well done to all the children who took part in Young Voices, what a wonderful experience for them all. We had a brilliant time! Also a massive thank you to all the teachers who have accompanied the children today and helped, but particularly to Mrs Holt for her hard work. I'm sure it's an experience they'll all remember fondly in years to come.
- What a wonderful nativity, all the children performed brilliantly. Thank you for all your hard work to provide an excellent show.
I would just like to bring to your attention the outstanding practice of Miss Walker.
Yesterday following receipt of the school report, I emailed with a concern I had. Miss Walker promptly returned my email and then kindly offered to telephone to prevent any unnecessary worry.
I feel that Miss Walker went above and beyond when dealing with my concern and so I thought I would message to commend her.
As parents we were extremely reassured to hear that an intervention was already underway to scaffold our child's learning. learning.
Comments during COVID-lockdown
- Thank you that is so lovely Oxhey is such a fab school and the home schooling system you are doing is brilliant thankyou we miss you all and being able to bring Isla to school hope some sort of normality will return soon but for now most important thing is to stay safe ???? wishing all leaving the very best for the future they will be greatly missed stay safe ????
- Can I say a personal thank you to Mrs Christie; she has been absolutely amazing. She’s been emailing us all every day and sharing fabulous resources. She is such a dedicated and awe-inspiring professional and she is an absolute credit to the teaching profession. Henry is so lucky to have such amazing teachers at Ox Hey and we’re extremely grateful for everything you’ve been doing as a school to support his home learning. Thank you.
- Just a beautiful message Mrs Jukes. Emmas mummy appreciates absolutely everything you are all doing for the parents and children at this hard time xx keep safe and well everyone and best of luck to Mrs Quinn, Mrs Warrilow and Mrs Rigby. Hopefully we can step back into Oxhey soon not too far away.
A super banner showing what Fairtrade is all about - citizenship, respect, fairness, caring.
It is well thought out - I like the words 'A Fair Story for a Fairer World'
Simple, powerful story-telling, using a variety of techniques and media. Clearly involved a lot of pupils.
Definitely represents Fairtrade for everyone - a very eye-catching banner.
Some of the comments we have received at school
I enjoyed taking part in the SHINE session with my child and enjoyed meeting the teachers and spending time engaging with my child's learning and seeing how happy & settled they are in class.
I enjoy seeing how confident my son has become.
Great to get the parent's involved and spending time with my child.
Seeing the kids happy at school is priceless.
Good to see the children so engaged in their learning.
A very engaging session.
Lovely to see how confident and independent my daughter is.
Thank you for the opportunity to come into school and take part in a session with my child.
Seeing & being where my child works and plays is great!
Enjoyed seeing the attention span of the children & their willingness to engage & help each other.
A fantastic school! Very approachable staff, senior leaders deal with things effectively.
A brilliant school, well led by the management team.
My daughter has come on leaps and bounds.
We are happy with our child's progress.
My child doesn't want to leave.
My child has really enjoyed this academic year.
We could not be more delighted with his progress and the glowing positive comments are a joy to read. This is hugely due to the fabulous support of all the teaching staff and the clear commitment and dedication you have to the children.